Side Effects of Resveratrol Supplement
Resveratrol supplement have gained wide notoriety and popularity after being touted by Dr.Oz and Oprah as the latest and greatest supplement for anti-aging and general health. There are many health benefits associated with talking Resveratrol; however potential side effect must be taken into account before deciding if this supplement is right for you.
- Resveratrol is made from a chemical found in red grapes. Many of the health benefits seen in resveratrol supplement are similar to those associated with red wine due to the common grapes base of the two products. Resveratrol is marketed as an anti-aging product that improves skin and protect against several serious disease.
- Resveratrol is rich in a compound referred to as an antioxidant. Several fresh fruit juices such as pomegranate juice as well as red wine are known to have especially high antioxidant content. According to the American Academy of Family physicians, antioxidant protect against a myriad of disease by preventing damage to cells. Antioxidants also protect the heart by reducing plaque buildup on artery walls that lead to blockages and ultimately heart attacks. Those who have a diet high in antioxidants have a reduced of cardiac illnesses.
Mild Side Effects
- The health benefits of resveratrol supplements include an improvement in overall energy, a slowing of the visible aging of the skin, and a reduction of the end-of-life disease such as heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes and various cancers. A decrease in LDL cholesterol levels may also be noted. The decline in prevalence of all of the these conditions is directly related to the antioxidant content of resveratrol supplements and can also be achieved by upping antioxidant intake from other sources.
Serious Side Effects
- Resveratrol supplement do not have a high occurrence of serious side effects, however, all supplements have a potential to react differently in each person. Anyone beginning a regimen of resveratrol supplement should pay close attention to any sudden changes in health. Specific side effect noted by those taking resveratrol supplement include dizziness, a change in color of their urine, and a feeling of the rush associated with consuming caffeine.
- Other more serious side effects of resveratrol supplements include an interaction with estrogen levels that may cause problems for some women. Resveratrol also acts as a blood thinner within the body. Anyone already taking a prescription blood thinner should consult with their doctor before beginning a resveratrol regimen. Anyone taking other prescription medications should also consult with a physician as to whether there may be any drug interaction or absorption issues that may occur when taking resveratrol supplement.
Side Effects of Resveratrol Supplement | eHow.com